When Drew got home from the hospital he missed having his IV mitt on, so he grabbed one of my wristbands for basketball, put it on and said "mitt." He wore this white wristband around the house the entire evening!

Ever since Drew has been home from the hospital we've done a lot of this: holding him! Drew's doing much better and he went back to daycare for this short week. He's running around, playing hard, and not getting too out of breath in the process (he still occassionally wheezes a little). It'll probably take 3-4 weeks for him to get back to full strength again.

Drew loves shoes, especially because they usually mean going outside. He's especially fascinated by my shoes. It was fun watching him try to walk in these!

This picture is in our kitchen, and it was very cute because after getting home from the hospital Drew was a little bit clingy. He's normally quite independent, but he followed us into the kitchen while Jana and I were working on dinner. We like having him around!

Drew has been playing away, and last week he got visits from Grandma Sue, Grandpa John, and Grandma Lynn, who helped us watch him until he got better.

Drew grabbed this shape sorter container, put it on his head, and said "hat!"

We have to play chase at least once a day. Drew runs around while I chase after him. He screams and giggles the entire time, and I don't think he always avoids me because sometimes he'll run right at me.

I took this picture while spending a day home with Drew last week. As you can see, he was still in the process of getting better and he got tired more quickly than usual. I could tell Drew was tired when he started to get down on the ground like this!
I am seriously behind on posting videos of Drew, so be warned that I have a bunch here! This first video is of Drew trying candy while taking a break from trick or treating. You can see him in action in his pumpkin suit!
The day after we got Drew back from the hospital he was already in much better spirits. Jana did some grocery shopping and Drew found the cans of food that Jana bought and started to make towers and knock them over . . . with his head. I don't know where he picked that up, but as each tower fell over he'd say "boom."
Here is our little percussionist at work. Drew found these beaters and decided to "play" every drum he could find! He got one whack on the table before I could stop him, but then moved on quickly to other allowed targets.
This is an old one that I keep on forgetting to post, but it was a lot of fun, so I'm putting it on. Drew and I were making mouth noises back and forth, and I caught a couple seconds of it on film.
No comments:
Post a Comment