Monday, November 12, 2007

Omega update

After all the excitement of the weekend, we got home last night and our whole family was exhausted. It was emotionally exhausting to be worried about Drew! I was standing at our kitchen sink doing some dishes, when I heard Drew calling for me from the living room. "Dad! Dad! Dad!" He walked into the kitchen, looked up at me, and gave my legs a huge hug as I stood at the sink. He looked at up at me and said one more time, "Dad." Then he walked into the living room and continued playing again. It is so good to be home!

This morning Jana had another doctor's visit for Omega baby (baby #2). Everything is continuing to go very smoothly! The baby's heart rate was immediately detectable and going strong at 157 beats per minute. Jana is gaining weight at an appropriate rate and she feels the baby moving every evening now. I've even gotten to feel it a couple times now! We've got an ultrasound scheduled for December 10th, so we'll have an opportunity to find out the sex of the baby then. Are we going to find out what sex the baby is? Of course!! We're excited about seeing the sex of the baby and getting a better idea of what names to consider. Jana and I have been having fun considering other names than the ones we've already had in mind, but we'd like to know what sex we should be focusing on!

No comments: