Monday, December 11, 2006

healthy is good!

We have had an eventful past week, so I have a lot to tell about. First though, I have to start with a picture of Drew playing with Jana, which I promised in one of my last posts. We love getting Drew dressed up in his MSU apparel! Last week we went and cut down a Christmas tree. We were worried about Drew being warm enough, so we put on a onesie, footed pajamas, socks, another set of socks, a sweatshirt, overalls, a jacket, mittens, and a hat. Drew was so puffy from all the clothes that he could hardly move! He was also heavier! We took a quick picture of Drew in our house before he overheated from all the layers.
Jana and I have been going to Tannenbaum Farms for a couple years now to get our Christmas tree. We have our routine down . . . we left the parking lot within twenty minutes of arriving (we're also very decisive about choosing a tree)! Drew went along for the experience in the Baby Bjorn.

Here are Jana and Drew among the Frasier Firs that we were considering cutting down. See how layered Drew is?

Unfortunately, after the excitement of getting a Christmas tree, the rest of our week was yucky! Drew came down with the stomach flu and in one two-hour stretch vomited 15 times. Poor guy! We sat on the couch with him and had a towel draped in front of him. He looked terrible and Jana and I would have done ANYTHING to make him feel better.

This picture captures how Jana and I felt about Drew being sick . . . SAD! We felt even more sad after Drew gave the stomach flu to Jana later that night and then when I got it too a few days later. Drew is cute, but he's also contagious!
We kept an eye on Drew for the next 24 hours and Drew went back to wearing a bib so he wouldn't dirty so many outfits. He started to eat and drink within a couple hours of getting sick and by the next day was mainly back to being himself. He's still not quite back to normal, but he is doing so much better. Yay! I think every parent can relate to how hard it is to have a sick child. We are so happy to have Drew healthy again!
Look at Drew's teeth! The two teeth that Drew has continue to come in more and more. We don't have any other new teeth to report.
I'm going to need a better picture or some video of it, but Drew's latest thing is brushing his hair! Jana often takes Drew with her while she dries, curls, and styles her hair. After watching her, Drew has starting picking up a hair brush and brushing the back of his hair. He'll even "brush" his hair with a toy occasionally. It is so cute!
Drew giggles when we put this mixing bowl on his head like a hat, but he's so quick at getting it off that I haven't been able to get a picture of him with it on. The bowl is also a lot of fun to hit with a tool!

We are happy that Drew is doing so well in his pack and play. With a Christmas tree in our living room, we were worried that he would constantly be trying to get to it. Drew has done really well in his pack and play though, so it is wonderful to have him so contained. He seems to be having a pretty good time in this video!

Drew loves to play with my watch. He mixes putting each end of it in his mouth with trying to put it together. The watch is usually guranteed to generate a long time of Drew playing quietly on his own.

Here is some video of Drew playing with my watch. When we are home with the three of us, this is how he plays. He is not quiet for very long and he likes to softly make noises as he plays.

Our family is getting more healthy! Jana and Drew are looking a lot better now when they are on the couch together. We are thrilled that we are all feeling better and we are very grateful now for most of the time when we feel "normal" and healthy. I like Drew's expression in this picture. Is he smirking?

Drew wandered off last night with one of our spoons and I found him in the kitchen playing. The spoon makes loud noises, so be prepared if you have sound for this video!

Here is one last picture of Drew smiling!













No comments: