Friday, March 24, 2006

Three "B"s

Drew is usually calm and happy while getting his diaper changed and he loves to look at the DREW letters hanging on the wall. On this occasion he managed to make a mess of his clothes while changing, and he was so cute in his diaper that I had to take a couple of pictures. I'm also hoping that seeing him without clothes will emphasize how much bigger he's getting.

Jana thinks that I have a lot of pictures on this blog of myself with Drew (I do!), but not enough of her with Drew (I probably don't). She does most of the work taking care of him, and then I swoop in for the photo shoots. Here are a couple of pictures of Drew with his other parent, the one who takes care of him most of the time, Jana!

I apologize to those who are sick of car seat photos, but Jana and I are still entertained by Drew in his car seat! Our amusement is probably a good thing though because Drew continues to ride around with us a lot. We've been getting out of the house almost every day with Drew. He's becoming more animated and the series of photos below shows his reaction to being in the car seat.

Jana is in our basement here getting ready to do some work on the computer.

Jana has figured out how to work on instructing her online class and keep Drew entertained at the same time. Drew is sitting up fairly well, so he sits on her lap and watches the screen while Jana works. Every once in a while they take a break to check out Drew's favorite website, aupperleefamily.blogspot.com!
My favorite part of the day is sitting on the couch with Drew and telling him and Jana about my day. I can tell by Drew's expression that he's listening carefully to the latest results from my immunohistochemical staining for PRA and PRB in ovariectomized hormone treated mammary glands. He's going to be a great listener!

I can't understand how Drew finds this position so comfortable, but he loves to lie down with his hands on either side of his head. Look how short his arms are in relation to his head! I almost accidentally wrote that he likes to put his arms over his head, but he can't reach that high.
Drew doesn't always like to sit still while we have our photo sessions. He was playing with my face while we took this picture.

On Thursday night I enjoyed a night relaxing on the couch with the three Bs: baby, basketball (March Madness), and a beer. There were some great games on TV and Drew was equally entertaining sleeping in my arm . . . until he somehow managed to pee out of his diaper and soaked through his onesie, pajamas, blanket, and MY shirt! At first we couldn't figure out where the wet spot on my shirt came from, but eventually we found out it was our cute little culprit.




No comments: