Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the Baby Bjorn

I actually meant to include this picture in the last post, but forgot. When we found out at the latest doctor's appointment that Drew was over eight pounds and around 21 inches, we were excited because that meant we could put him in the Baby Bjorn! Here he is below strapped in for his first ride with me. The Baby Bjorn is very comfortable to have on, and Drew fits snugly into it with his chest against my chest. As he gets bigger, we can fold the top down and he can ride facing out. After I snuck in the first turn, Jana has actually given the Baby Bjorn the most use. She has been using it to keep two hands free for typing and she and Drew have gone for a couple of walks with him riding in front of her. Last Thursday night Drew was really sleepy, so we had a fun photo session of him sleeping. We love having him snuggled in on our chest!

Drew did wake up eventually (he got hungry), and that gave us a chance to talk to him. This is my typical view of him; he's looking up at me and I'm looking down on him.

Jana and I had another hot and steamy Friday night date . . . . giving Drew a bath, which he really seemed to enjoy. We put him in the water and he stayed very calm throughout the whole process.

I had to take a couple of naked bathing pictures (doesn't every parent?), but I also wanted to protect Drew's modesty. Thank goodness for Photoshop! Drew is definitely growing and filling more of the tub. Here I did some artful camera work to capture Drew from the waist up. He's still enjoying his bath!
After the bath, we put Drew in his duck towel. We love how his hair spikes up after a bath. Can you see it against the yellow towel?
On Saturday we went to Grand Rapids, and for the big outing we put Drew in his sailboat outfit and PANTS! Drew doesn't usually get to wear pants, so this was a big occasion for him.
Here's another shot of Drew in his pants being held by Grandma Lynn.
After going a year without drinking pop (as part of a bet), I was happy to have my beloved Mountain Dew again. I thought I'd give Drew a little encouragement to "Do the Dew" as well. I think Drew is getting bigger, but he looks tiny next to the 20 ounce bottle!

Drew was doing a great job of making eye contact with me on Sunday while I was watching basketball. He's been spitting up from time to time, so I protected his outfit with his "I love my mommy" bib.
And after a couple minutes of eye contact, Drew is staring off into space again. Last night Drew was lying on the couch so alertly, that I had to take a picture of him. He loves to purse his lips and give us this serious expression.

No comments: