Monday, March 20, 2006

A busy weekend

Drew kept us busy over the weekend (and we kept him busy too). We went out with him on Friday night for a school psychology dinner and then to watch MSU lose their NCAA tournament game. He did pretty well for most of the night, but all the action must have been a little much because he got a little fussy later in the evening. That was great for us though because Drew had his best night sleeping with two 4 hour stretches between feedings! Yay sleep! On Saturday night, Drew's great-grandma and great-grandpa Vryhof came to Lansing and babysat while Jana and I went out for dinner. It was a great arrangement for all of us because great grandma and grandpa got to see Drew (and feed and change him :) and Jana and I got a chance to go out with just the two of us, which is a rare treat.

On Sunday morning, the sun was streaming into our house and Drew was wide awake, so I stripped him down to his onesie and we had some play time on the floor. Drew is starting to make more noises (not just crying), and so I had fun trying to get reactions from him.
Drew can grab onto the rings of the gymini and can also give them quite a tug!
On Sunday afternoon Jana and I took Drew out for a walk in Lake Lansing Park. We keep an eye on Drew in the car using this mirror mounted on our back seat. Drew is in a rear-facing car seat, so the mirror allows Jana to turn around and see him from the passenger seat, or I can see him by looking in the rear view mirror. He loves to sleep in the car seat with his head at this uncomfortable angle. I've tried it, and I don't know how he can sleep like that. We've tried to move him, but then he wakes up and fusses until he can get back into his position again.
I got the honor of strapping Drew into the Baby Bjorn for the walk. We kept his arms in close to my chest and you can see his little hat peaking out. I kept my hands on his feet to make sure they stayed warm.
It was a little breezy at times and the temperature was about 45 degrees, so I zipped up my coat around Drew to keep him warm. It looked funny, but he stayed nice and warm and he slept throughout our four mile hike. Jana and I enjoyed getting outside and briskly walking. We are so happy that Drew was sleeping and content during his ride in the Baby Bjorn!
On Sunday night Drew was wide awake and ready for more play time, so while we ate supper we put Drew back on the gymini. The red and black thing on the right side of the picture below has a mirror on the bottom of it.

Drew was fascinated by the handsome guy in the mirror.
REALLY fascinated! Do we have a narcissist on our hands? :)

As you can see, Drew had a busy weekend, and I didn't even mention his first trip to the lab with me. On Saturday Drew came along with me to the lab while I did some animal experiments. He slept the whole time, but it was his first experience with me in the lab.

No comments: