Wednesday, April 07, 2010
finished bathroom and a newly two-year-old girl
I'm starting this post with a bathroom update. As you may recall, at one point during the height of demolition, it looked like this:
Since then, I have completely finished the project, but here are some more pictures of the progress. For the tub surround, I called in a professional with more experience (and better tools) to give me a hand. The two of us worked together to install the tub surround. The most gratifying part of doing it with him was that he did EXACTLY what I would have done at each stage, he just did it a lot better and more efficiently :)
In the picture below, the tub surround is installed and the caulk seals are drying. You can see that there are no bathtub fixtures and still no bathroom sink.
Here is the finished product. In total, I put in a new bathroom medicine cabinet, new bathroom cabinet (on the wall), new bathtub, new tub surround, new sink and vanity, re-installed the toilet, and put in a new subfloor and tile floor. Phew! It was a lot of work, but we're very happy with the results. In case you can't tell on the picture, the walls are a cream color with white trim, the cabinets are black, and the shower curtain is some shade of green (I don't know color names).
I had to get a shot of the toilet as I was pretty proud of taking it out and re-installing it. That was one part of this job that was a piece of cake and went exactly how I planned it. Actually, all the original things I was planning on doing (everything except the bathtub and tub surround), went very smoothly.
The final stamp of approval comes from Drew and Kate enjoying baths in the new tub!!
Lately, there has been a lot of excitement in Spartan country following the Spartans progress through the NCAA tournament. Drew and Kate have frequently been seen in their Spartan apparel. Kate enjoys this jersey that is still oversized at the moment and wears it well with some black tights.
Kate is our crazy sleeper and we love to go into her bedroom at night to see what position she's in. The other night we found her little legs poking right out of her crib. We're wondering how she's going to do in a big girl bed as she is quite the wanderer!
Kate has continued to get more interested in books and just like her brother, she loves to pull out a book and read. I believe this one is Richard Scarry's "What do people do all day."
Today is Kate's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Kate!! This past weekend Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bill came to Lansing for a visit and the start of some birthday celebrating. Kate loved her new boots and has been wearing them everywhere.
Drew hasn't been featured much in this post, but he's been doing well. He's not showing off for the camera as much as Kate, so we only get occassional pictures of Drew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment