Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mom's gone . . . let's go to the fire station

A weekend or two ago, Jana went out of the town and I was home on my own with Drew and Kate. For me, that means trying to find things to do that keep us busy while mom is gone. A top priority for us while Jana was gone was a visit to the fire station to see Uncle Todd. Drew was very excited about going to the fire station again. Kate, on the other hand, was missing mom a little and didn't immediately get enthused about our visit.
What amazing thing was Todd showing us at this point? A hose that he was going to use for washing the fire engine.

After visiting the station several times now, we were due to chip in a little and help wash the fire engine. Kate wasn't into cleaning, but Drew was all about wiping down the fire engine to make it shine.
Drew did a surprisingly good job with his cloth getting the fire engine clean. I may have to put him to work on our cars!
Finally, I was able to coax a smile from my girl. She liked crawling around and "operating" the pump.
Drew got up front and had a turn driving the fire engine.
This was one of Drew and Kate's favorite parts of the visit, sitting on the bench in front of the fire station!
Jana called to check in at this point, and I had to tell her I couldn't talk long because Kate was busy operating the deck gun.
The three Aupperlee firefighters by BC Engine 5. As always, we had a FUN visit to the fire station!

No comments: