See, there were a lot of us sporting the mustaches. What a rough looking gang of guys! We got comments and attention throughout the day (not all positive) about the mustaches.
In case you missed the dirty upper lips in the previous photo, we pointed to them for you.
We had a great time and enjoyed some very tasty microbrews. The mustaches were a hit, but we'll have to see if they return. Jana did NOT like my mustache and I got lots of eye rolls and sighs over the mustache.
I haven't been clean shaven in a couple years, so that was almost as weird as having a mustache. Jana's very glad that I don't have the mustache any more!
Enough about me and back to the kids! Kate was snuggled in on my lap the other night, so Jana snapped some pictures of Kate. Kate is so different from Drew in that she loves to snuggle. It's wonderful!!
The other morning while we were getting ready for daycare Drew grabbed a book, some blankets, and made himself a nest for reading.
He just laid there reading away from "What do people do all day?" Drew totally takes after his parents with reading a lot!
Kate loves to crawl and peek around corners. She's always got a smile!
Drew got this four puzzle set for his birthday. It has four separate 12-piece puzzles. Drew can separate the four puzzles based on the symbols on the back of them (triangle, circle, star, or square) and then complete each of the four puzzles without any help. He loves his puzzles!
Drew whips through this puzzle and we're starting to think he might need some new more challenging puzzles. He gets them down after a few times, and then he experiments with different strategies for doing them (top to bottom, left to right, right to left, bottom to top, edges to center). We have lots of fun watching Drew work on these because he'll sit for quite a while doing and re-doing his puzzles.
This next video is the longest video I have ever posted. Unless you're family, I think you'll probably be bored (I'm being honest!). It's a little under 4 minutes long and it shows Drew dismantle and then re-assemble a 24 piece puzzle (while fighting off Kate's destructive tendencies). He's talking away during the process and telling Kate "NO!" each time she comes over to his puzzle. He also sings a little bit of "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman. Like I said, not the most exciting video in the world, but it will give you an idea of how Drew puts together puzzles.
Monday, March 02, 2009
puzzles
Wow, who is that mustachioed man? :) This past weekend I went to a beer tasting festival and all my friends decided to wear mustaches to the festival. The mustache is generally not a look embraced by young men in their late 20s or early 30s, so it was quite entertaining to walk around in the group. It was not quite as entertaining when I was by myself!
We stopped at my parents' house in the morning to spend time with family for Todd's birthday this past week. Kate got into a dress and tights for the occasion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment