Drew recently got another haircut! His hair has been growing out quite nicely and he now has a full head of hair (finally!!). It was getting pretty long and unruly on the top, and Jana let me cut it again. I like shorter hair, so Jana lets me know when it is all right to cut Drew's hair again. Otherwise, I'd be cutting it all the time!

Drew does a great job of sitting still while I'm cutting his hair. He loves the sound of the clippers and I think he actually likes feeling the vibration of them and having my hands holding his head. Either way, he hardly moves while I'm working!

The finished product! Drew always looks a little older right after his haircut.

Drew started with eating corn from the cob and now he eats bananas and apples that aren't cut up as well. Here he is working on an apple and giving me a silly grin.

This video shows Drew at work on his apple. He doesn't eat that much of the apple and he sometimes sucks on pieces of apple and then spits them out, but he's getting there. Some of his foods are more novel than nutritional!
I've been having some problems with this video, so if it doesn't load for you, please try again later.
Drew still uses this cart to transport things around the house! In this picture he's moving some of his Duplos around. It amuses us to see him with this cart because it was what he used when he was first learning to walk. Now it is just fun to push around.

Drew is reading here with Jana. He brings books to us all the time to read. Especially if we are trying to read something on our own, Drew comes up with one of his books and wants to join in the fun!

We've worked with Drew so that once we read to him for a bit, he'll also read on his own. Now the cart is being used as a chair! It's so cute it's distracting when Drew "reads" out loud to himself :)

Drew is a great help around the house. After finishing his meal the other day he walked over to the sink, found a dishcloth to clean with, and started to wipe off his chair and tray. He did a pretty good job!
1 comment:
We love those books with the pannels! Laynie's favorite is an alphabet book with a pannel for each letter (animals hide in the ark, a bear hides in a box, etc). and I love it because it keeps her busy forever to open up all of them!
Post a Comment