Wednesday, September 26, 2007
apple picking 2007
Drew continues to love playing in the bathtub. He's pouring water from one cup to another in this photo. We've finally managed to keep him from drinking his bathwater, so his cups are back in the bath toy rotation! Drew gets quite excited about his bath as part of his nightly routine. He gets a bath, pajamas, a snack, a cup of milk, and then goes to bed. He's got the routine down cold and looks forward to each part.
The other night Drew found a phone that I was moving from one part of the house to another and decided to use the opportunity to make some calls. As he held the phone up he asked, "Grandpa?," "Grandma?," "Todd?," "Tina?" It was so cute!!
Drew knew how to use the buttons on the phone to dial a number. I thought this was such a cute picture until Jana pointed out to me that if he can reach the phone in the future when it is plugged in, he might dial numbers for real. Oh yeah, good point Jana! We don't need him dialing random people with the phone. No more real phones for Drew!
Last weekend we went apple picking with our friends Jeremy and Kristin. On the way into the orchard we purchased some fish food to feed the fish in the orchard pond. Jana and I had never done that before and we thought Drew might like it. I'll be honest, we also thought that I might like it! It was both entertaining and disgusting to see the HUGE catfish that emerged to eat the food Drew threw in the water. The catfish were about two feet long and they aren't the most attractive fish in the world. Drew loved it though!
Drew learned the joy of apple picking . . . eating an apple fresh off the tree!
Jeremy and Kristin claim they always eat apples this way at home. For some reason, I'm not quite sure if I believe them.
Our morning for apple picking was gorgeous. The temperature was in the 60s and it was sunny. Jana and I have never picked apples before in such nice weather!
I had to include this photo because it gives a plug for the orchard we visited. The Country Mill is a great place to pick apples! Drew loved this train (that's his blonde head in the middle) and liked it when Jeremy came over to see what he was doing.
Drew will definitely continue to make calls on his "cell phone." We don't leave our cell phones around the house, so he can dial numbers and make calls all day long on this old one!
Drew still loves wearing my hats. He often goes to another room, finds one, and then brings it to me saying "hat!" He's got a great look going here with the white t-shirt, long shorts, socks and the sideways hat.
This is one of our favorite current pictures of Drew. Drew and I were playing catch with a wash cloth (you can see it in his hands), and he couldn't stop grinning because he was having so much fun. The wash cloth fans out nicely as you throw it, so Drew was able to catch it. He's not very good at catching a ball yet, but he catches the wash cloth quite well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment