Wednesday, September 19, 2007

firetruck noises

Drew has been eating A LOT lately, so I shot a short video to show his eating speed. The other night for dinner he ate one and a half hot dogs, most of a bun, a cup or more of yogurt, a handful of grapes, and downed his 8 ounce milk. That boy can eat! We think he must be going through a growth spurt because he's a good eater, but he's usually not amazing.

Drew noticed that I had the camera out and started doing some smiles and blinking for me, which I wasn't able to capture, but you can still see him hamming it up a bit for the camera. It's so much fun to see his personality emerging! You would think he'd be accustomed to the camera by now, but he still makes faces and acts differently sometimes when we pull it out.

Drew's latest favorite book is filled with cars and trucks. There are different vehicles for each letter in the alphabet and when I get to firetruck (we read the book several times each night) Drew makes his firetruck noise. It's so cute! Here's a sample:

I don't think I've put video of this on here before, but if I did it's still amusing anyway. When Drew needs help with something we've taught him to say "help, please." In this video he shows off his skills at fastening the seatbelt on his high chair. The only problem is that once it is fastened, he can't undo it, so it is "stuck." (you'll hear him say "stuck") I prompt him by asking him what to say, and then you'll hear him respond with a "help, please" and a little dance as I undo the belt for him.

No comments: