Wednesday, May 16, 2007

lawn mower

Jana and I have been so busy lately that we haven't had the chance to take a lot of pictures of Drew. He's still doing really well and he's just as cute as ever (at least to us :) but we've been enjoying him face-to-face, rather than from behind the camera.

One thing we've been having fun doing with Drew is continuing to work on wearing hats. We want to keep his skin baby white this summer, and with his lack of hair we are continuing to emphasize a hat. I don't know if this hat is one that he'll wear to the beach, but it does provide quite a bit of shade! Drew has had these "Spartan" beads for a while, and Jana and I get a kick out of his playing with them. He grabbed his beads the other day and started putting them into a small tupperware. We were fascinated watching Drew figure out how to get the beads into the small opening and get them to stay in there. He spent several minutes pulling the beads out and putting them back in.
This past week I mowed the lawn, and Jana brought Drew outside too with his lawn mower. We were both paying rapt attention to Drew because as I finished a row and turned around, Drew was watching me carefully, and he would do the same thing! He'd push his mower along the driveway, and when he saw me turn, he would head the other way down the driveway. Both Jana and I loved it!!
I turned the mower off and went on the driveway with Drew. You can see him watching what I'm doing. As soon as I started pushing the lawnmower, he moved his forward too. I had to make sure to stand still so that Drew would do it too!
Drew loves to play on our deck. He's gotten quite adept at going up and down the stairs. We LOVE watching him go down the stairs because he plops down onto all fours about 5 feet away from the stairs and then crawls backward until he reaches the steps. Jana worked really hard with Drew on "tummy, feet" for his going down things (off the couch, down stairs, etc.) and we use it to remind him to go on his stomach and to lead with his feet.
I'll have some videos coming soon, so keep posted. One of them illustrates that Drew is not always perfectly behaved and that he's definitely got some misbehaving in him that we're working to correct!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GranDpa misses him. He can come here to help me mow the lawn anytime. I really don't like to see him cry, but I can handle that too. In other words, We'll try not to spoil him tooooooo much. He is so precious. Jana , Mom and I both said you looked great playing w/ him on the floor. Love, GrandpaXXXXXXXXX