Wednesday, May 30, 2007

first haircut

Tonight was a momentous night because . . . Drew got his first haircut! He's been getting some wispy hairs that have been driving me nuts and the back and sides of his hair have actually grown long as well, so we decided to give Drew a trim. I started with an electric clippers to trim the sides and back of his hair. We gave Drew his sippy cup and a wet washcloth to keep him busy while I was working. Jana was charged with taking all sorts of pictures (she did a great job!).
I was VERY CAREFUL to keep Drew's head still and to not cut him at all while I was trimming.
Drew didn't have much hair to take off, but you can see a little of it here on the towel. It also doesn't show up well because it's so lightly colored!
After trimming the sides, I went to work on Drew's frohawk and reduced its height a little bit with the scissors. Some of those hairs were LONG!!!
You can see the concentration on my face as I used the scissors. Drew was quite squirmy at this point because the scissors wasn't nearly as exciting as the electric clippers.
Here is the finished product. We tried not to take too much off because Drew didn't have too much hair to begin with, but it is now nicely trimmed. Hooray!!







No comments: