Tuesday, March 20, 2007

post #100

This is the hundredth time that I have posted on Drew's blog! Wow! What am I going to do when Jana and I have our second child? It's going to be hard to keep up the pace I've set with Drew! :)

Drew was pretty excited when the Spartans won in the first round of the NCAA tournament! However, he was not as excited when they lost in the second round to UNC. We love dressing him up in his Spartan outfit for big games. Last Thursday he was the only child in his daycare who was dressed appropriately for the game! Drew really wants to start drinking out of a big person cup, so he practices all the time with whatever he can find around the house. This is one of his bath toys that he found, and he is "sipping" from it like you would from a cup. Whenever he's in the bath he tries to use his toys like this to scoop up water and drink it. It's so gross! On a different note, Drew stands like this all the time now. He will stand in the middle of the room engrossed with a toy.
Drew loves to work his shoe or shoes off, but then sometimes his pants start to come down without the shoes to hold them on, and that is what happened here. Drew played himself right out of his pants! I had to go over after this picture and hitch up his pants for him and get his right shoe back on.
Last week Friday Grandma Sue came to Lansing to watch Drew for the day, and Grandpa Bill decided he needed to come with too for some time with his grandson. Grandpa Bill brought with his hat to keep his head warm, and Drew was fascinated by the hat! He loves to watch people put on and take off hats.
Drew continues to enjoy his Duplo set. He still can't make anything, but he's really good at taking apart anything that you make for him.
Drew has a way of elliciting responses like this from those around him: lots of smiles!
Drew still loves to play with our dishwasher. If I'm taking out clean dishes, it is a special treat for me to let him "help."
Drew likes playing with people's shoes, and here he has one of mine. Drew is getting so much bigger, but we found it amusing to see him with my shoe, which is almost half as big as he is! You'll notice Drew's bare foot. If he gets his shoes off, then the socks come off pretty quickly too. Drew doesn't like his feet encumbered with things likes shoes and socks!
Drew is playing with one of his favorite toys . . . a ball! Everywhere he goes around the house, he needs to have a ball around, which could be his tennis ball, a basketball, his football, or his soccer ball. If he doesn't see one, he lets us know by questioningly saying, "Ball?"
Drew LOVES pizza and pasta due to the tomato sauce. Earlier this week Drew ate some pasta with marinara sauce, and he was loving it as you can see by the evidence on his hand and face. I made sure to keep the camera out of the range of his little hands!

As Drew finished with his meal, he wanted to offer some to me and Jana. He is COVERED with sauce!

I have forgotten to give you an update on Drew's walking! He is getting much better at walking and each day he walks more and more. This picture shows him in action walking toward his football. I've also got a video, but he's pretty wobbly in it. He usually walks when I don't have the camera out, and as soon as I get it, he starts crawling! I had to sneak up on him from behind to get this picture :)

Keep posted for a better video of Drew's walking than this one. It gives you an idea of what he's doing, but he's so much better than this!


As Drew was playing with his farm, I noticed that he turned it on its side and he was opening a gate and dropping an animal through the barn. Then he would reach beneath the barn, grab the animal, and repeat the process. In this video he loses the animal momentarily, which warranted one of his relatively new phrases "uh oh!"

No comments: