Thursday, March 15, 2007

block time

Drew is getting excited about the NCAA Tournament and March Madness. This morning we dressed him in his Spartan apparel so that he can root for the Spartans tonight in their first round game. We're using his soccer ball here to get a start on Drew's basketball skills. Last weekend I took him outside and sat him in his stroller while I dribbled a basketball. Drew was laughing out loud he thought it was so entertaining!It's not exactly what he's doing here, but when Drew gets really tired he cuddles with his blue ball on the floor. The other night he gave his ball a hug and a kiss as he was lying next to it! I get jealous because despite all the hugs and kisses I give Drew, he mainly seems to give his affection to other people (like Jana!). He sometimes walks up to Jana, puts his arms around her, and gives her a hug and a kiss. However, Drew's ball gets more affection than I do :(
Jana absolutely loved this Drew outfit last week. We are having so much fun dressing him up like a little boy, and we thought he looked quite handsome in his fleece vest. He's very serious about his walking around!
At times while Drew is walking around, he sticks his tongue out in concentration. It's so cute!!
We do a toy rotation so that Drew is constantly getting "new" toys. A toy that just entered the rotation is his Duplo blocks. Drew loves to play with them, and he especially enjoys taking them apart. Jana and I build things as quickly as we can, and then as soon as we give them to Drew he takes them apart.
You can see Drew's dismantling skills in this short video. At first I made an elephant, a camel, and a horse for him out of his blocks, but then he took them apart so quickly that I switched to just putting a bunch together and letting him dismantle the "shape" that I made.

We continue to work with Drew on putting his toys away when he's done with them. As his collection of toys continues to mount, this is going to be important that in our little house they get put in their place!


We haven't taken many pictures of Drew in the bath lately, so I thought I'd include one this time. Jana took this picture while I tried to protect Drew's modesty. It is hard because he wiggles around a lot! Drew is playing with his bath toy that includes some cars, a plane, and a boat that all float in the water. He continues to LOVE taking baths and usually as I get him undressed for his bath he starts yelling and flailing about in excitement!
Last summer I went to Boston for a conference and got Drew a Boston Red Sox t-shirt. It was way too big for him then, but it is going to be a perfect fit for this summer. He wore it yesterday and it already fits him well. Drew has been growing a lot lately and his pants are creeping up and his shirt sleeves are too short, so we've been having fun looking through the bigger clothes that we have and finding new outfits for him to wear.

No comments: