Yesterday Drew had his four month checkup with Dr. Turner, our pediatrician. The four month visit included three more shots. Ouch! We were better prepared this time for Drew's screams following the shots and he calmed down and had a bottle within a couple minutes. Drew is continuing to grow nicely; he's about 25 inches long and weighs 13 pounds 8 ounces. Drew continues to surprise us by being completely average in height (50th percentile), but just like his dad he's running a little on the thin side for weight (25th percentile). Even with his diapers on he's got a cute little butt! Dr. Turner said that Drew looks great and that he is developing very nicely.

Last week while we were downstairs at our computer (probably looking at Drew's blog :) Drew couldn't take his eyes of Jana. Drew is continually fascinated by the two of us, which makes him a lot of fun to hold and play with.

Drew continues to discover his voice and the many ways he can use it. He squeals, yells, coos, and whines. Because of his limited range of noises, it is sometimes difficult to tell whether he's distressed and getting ready to cry or whether he's just experimenting. That's the case in this picture below because I can't remember if he was happy or distressed when I took this picture!

Drew continues to practice his standing!

On Thursday night we took Drew out in the backyard to enjoy our lilacs blooming (you can see them to the side of Drew).

While I was holding Drew, Jana snapped this picture when I wasn't suspecting it. Drew's head is so soft and kissable! I couldn't resist!

Drew got in a little closer to check out the columbine in bloom. I don't think he quite knew what to make of the flowers!

Drew has been sleeping in a "sleep sack" for a while now, and I don't think I've captured many pictures of it for the blog. This is his cooler summer sleep sack with no sleeves. This outfit is very convenient for diaper changings during the night or early morning, but not the most masculine look for a little boy. I like to tease Drew about how cute he looks in his "sleep dress."

I guess he doesn't always like the teasing because here he is in full pout!

Last Saturday the three of us went out on a date that included a stop by the miniature horse and miniature donkey farm. Here are the minauture donkeys, which when full grown are about 3-4 feet tall! The one in the middle must have just been born this spring because it was REALLY little. I think Jana and I enjoyed the miniature animals more than Drew, but some of our enthusiasm rubbed off.

We haven't taken many bath pictures of Drew lately, so when we gave Drew his Saturday night bath we decided to have another photo shoot. Here are a couple of photos of Drew in his diaper before his bath.



I did it! I finally got the Drew's face when he first gets in the bath. He has a look of extreme panic on his face for a couple seconds when he touches the water, but the panic quickly changes to joy and he starts splashing around.

Within minutes Drew enjoys himself in the bath like he's doing here with Jana.

Drew's not always happy to get out of the bath, but on Saturday night he handled it pretty well. He snuggled right into his towel and even started to play with it.


Drew loves chewing on his hands! Sometimes it is hard to get a picture of him without a hand going in front of his mouth. Our pediatrician agreed that he is probably starting to get teeth, but that they won't break through for another month or so.

There's a picture of Drew without his hand in the way!

Drew got sick of lying down and wanted a chance to get some pictures standing up.

On Sunday afternoon we made Drew a little tent in the backyard so that he could enjoy the backyard with us.

Of course, we also had to strip him down to his diaper so that we could see his cute little body in just a diaper (actually, we didn't want him to get hot).

Drew liked being outside and was chatting away with us.

By Sunday night Drew was tired out, so he took a little nap with Jana. This was shortly before he went to bed and was struggling to make it to bedtime without falling asleep.
1 comment:
May I say that the pouty face is utter perfection!
Post a Comment