Thursday, March 21, 2013

Two new blog readers

Around Drew's birthday last month I pulled up this blog to show Drew how we had recorded pictures and the story of his birth on a website.  Both Drew and Kate were fascinated by the stories and the pictures about Drew's birth and they immediately asked for more.  We moved ahead to the story of Kate's birth, as told on the blog, and the kids were hooked.  Every night now for our reading time before bed we get a request for reading the blog.  We've been working our way through all the posts, skipping around from month to month and year to year.  It has been so much fun!

When I first started writing the blog, I mainly wrote it as an update for other adults (like grandparents and so on) that we know.  It didn't occur to me that at ages 7 and 4 Drew and Kate would start getting into it.  Thankfully, I did a pretty good job of keeping things general enough for appropriateness at any age! 
Above is a picture of Jana with the Drew and Kate.  Jana has been both sick and extremely busy with work the past couple days.  That's meant a lot of time for me with Drew and Kate.  It's been fun, but we are all excited about having Jana's schedule back to normal and her at full strength.  For Drew and Kate, they show it by clamoring for hugs and snuggles with mom.  Those are hard to resist!

No comments: