Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"the blog" . . . is back

We have recently been looking over old blog posts with much joy and amusement.  Jana and I were looking for some old photos of Drew and Kate when they were babies to make into black and white copies, and as we sat down and looked over the blog we realized it was getting later and later, yet we couldn't stop looking through the memories!  After such a positive experience and a pang of nostalgia for "the blog," I decided to take it up again.
 
I can in no way even begin to catch up on what has happened since I last posted on here.  You can be assured, we have been up to a lot: vacations, school, church, events, fun at home, projects, activities, sports, reading, general goofiness.  We have been busy!
 
The picture above is from Kate and Drew's first day of school this past fall.  Kate started 4-year-old preschool two days a week and Drew entered the first grade.  As we took this picture both kids stood on the front porch with their umbrellas while Jana and I stood in the rain and took pictures.  I think this image fairly accurately encapsulates life as a parent!
Kate continues to be a joyful challenge.  She keeps our parenting muscles in excellent shape and seems to excel at testing us.  Lately, she's been incredibly difficult to capture in a nice photograph, which is so much fun. Here she managed a real-looking smile for me during our hike on Christmas Day. 

Drew is loving first grade and is slowly gaining momentum in athletics and academics.  When reading the blog the other night we noted that from an early age Drew needed to be properly motivated to do something, and once motivated, he caught on quickly.  That continues to be the case!  Drew's latest foray into sports has been basketball through school.  As he is predicted to be 6'9", we were thrilled by how quickly he has taken to organized basketball and how much he enjoys it.  Coach Izzo, keep an eye on this kid!

No comments: