Monday, October 19, 2009

Lots of smiles

Both Drew and Kate have been shooting up lately, and I think the picture below shows you how Kate continues to thin out. She's been wearing the same size clothes for months, but they fit better and better in the waist and her legs have been getting longer and longer. Also, her hair is getting thicker!! It's so much fun to watch Kate grow up and move out of the baby/toddler stage into being a little girl. Kate still loves to play on the floor and here she is putting her feet up in the air during a game with Jana.
One morning before heading off to work and daycare, the kids gathered around mom. They both get really cuddly with us before we leave for the day . . . and we love it! :)

Kate is showing off her school spirit here in Drew's old Spartan jersey. Go Green! She's also wearing Drew's shoes.

Throughout the day Kate likes to grab a book, plop on the couch, and start reading. It's so cute!

Using the action setting on our camera, I got a good picture of Drew! He's smiling AND looking toward the camera!!
Kate, on the other hand, smiles and grins and says "cheese!" as soon as the camera comes out. As long as she's sittting still, she's fun and easy to have pose for pictures.
I haven't been home a lot lately, so Drew has been soaking up the attention whenever I'm around. I think this picture was taken on a weekend afternoon, when Drew loves to turn on sports on TV and watch with me. Male bonding!
Kate comes over too and vies for my attention with cute smiles and noises. She loves to peek her head around things and giggles away when I look at her.
Last week Drew had his first school field trip! He got to ride on a school bus as his class went to visit a farm. For the field trip, each child in Drew's class wore a yellow school shirt. It was so much fun to see his class of nineteen 3-year-olds all wearing yellow shirts and excited about the trip. Drew brought home a small pumpkin and was very excited about his ride on the bus (that's been one of his life goals :)

No comments: