Be thankful that I'm just showing you this much because I took minutes and minutes of footage, then pared it down to these two short clips. In this one Kate is on the ground rolling around. You can see that she is getting closer to crawling as she works on getting her torso up off the ground. She's not quite there yet!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
show me the evidence
Kate was doing some funny smiles for me a couple days ago, so I snapped some pictures of her. Usually, she has nice, normal smiles, but every once in a while she does one like the one below. Both Drew and Kate have been having fun playing around the Christmas tree that you can see in the background. They're both very good about looking at it and not touching it (Kate can't reach it :)
Drew was playing nicely with Kate during the photo shoot and he paused to go over and give her a kiss! Then he came over and gave me a kiss and went into the kitchen and gave Jana a kiss. Drew is a delight to be around!
Kate is enjoying the big person tub and taking baths with her brother. Look, she's got a little hair now on top of that bald head! We're hoping that for Christmas we might be able to pin something in her "hair," but we don't expect it.
Kate moves all over, but being a scientist, I needed some photographic evidence to put on here. I keep writing about it, but pictures tell the best story. Yesterday, I set out to get some pictures of this movement! I took this first picture of Kate after I noticed that she had left the boppy and started to make her way toward the blue plastic cup.
She left that area and headed back toward the boppy and the Christmas tree. She was lying there in this picture talking away to the Christmas tree. She continues to talk more and more, especially when Drew is quiet or not around.
Kate reversed course back again and started to play with the plastic tongs that were in the middle of the room. Kate isn't crawling yet, but she's not sitting still either!
Drew was playing yesterday with his Duplos and Jana and I were very impressed when he created the animal below on his own. We asked him what it was, and he replied, "It is an elephant, with a yellow trunk." Nice creation, Drew!
Kate has been babbling away and standing, so I captured it on video this weekend. Jana has been busy grading final papers for the semester, so I've had lots of time playing with Drew and Kate. We've had fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment