Often our pictures don't turn out so well and they don't make it up on the blog. For every good picture we capture, there are at least five pictures that look terrible. Like this one:
Monday, December 08, 2008
Chilly . . . but fun
Drew has been around now for about 1038 days (if my math is correct) and Jana and I recently surpassed 8,000 pictures and videos taken since he was born. That's a lot of time spent behind the camera! A lot of the pictures now include Kate, but the bottom line is that we snap a lot of pictures of Drew and Kate. A LOT!!
Often our pictures don't turn out so well and they don't make it up on the blog. For every good picture we capture, there are at least five pictures that look terrible. Like this one:
We've been practicing having Drew and Kate pose together because we want a good Christmas picture of the two of them. It's impressively difficult to get. Drew will look cute on only so many pictures because he loves to do weird faces now for the camera. It's impossible to MAKE him give a nice smile (we've tried :) When Drew smiles nicely, then Kate loses focus and stops looking at the camera like in the picture below. Of the ones that we took of Drew and Kate in their pajamas, this was the best one!
Last Saturday morning we went out to Tannenbaum Farms to cut down our Christmas tree. We bundled up because it was VERY cold. Drew kept on telling us, "I am CHILLY!" We briefly paused on the way out of the parking lot for this picture. It was Kate's first Christmas tree! We didn't stand still for long because the wind was howling and the wind chill was hovering below zero. Not a good day for Drew and Kate to be outside for very long!
We rushed out to the type of tree we wanted and within minutes we had one selected. I sawed through the trunk, Drew yelled "Timber!" and we had our Christmas tree. Drew and I paused for a picture next to our tree carcass. It was so cold that Jana put her purple scarf on him.
Drew really wanted to hold the saw, so I let him hold it for a little while and "saw" some branches off the tree for me. Jana is looking at me with an expression that says, "What are you doing letting a two-year-old hold a saw?" Drew was in his glory with the saw, and that, I explained to Jana is why Drew's holding the saw. He wants to be like his dad!!
Jana and I were grinning away while watching Drew hold the saw. He was covered in so many layers of clothing that it was a little unwieldy to hold.
Drew had lots of fun tramping through the snow. Our theme for him for the morning was "Chilly. . . but fun!!"
We all watched the workers shake our tree and then bind it up for the ride home. Watching those machines was probably Drew's favorite part of the trip. We were all VERY excited to get back in the car and take the tree home!
On Sunday morning Drew and Kate were both dressed up and sitting in Kate's room. They were playing really well together and suddenly I realized that I was missing a prime opportunity to capture the two of them together in a photo. I quickly remedied the situation.
As soon as we got the camera out, Drew had to horse around a bit. He's already learning how to give his little sister a hard time!
It was a lot of fun to watch Drew and Kate sitting together. You might be surprised, but this situation was not at all posed. Kate was sitting in her room and Drew plopped down beside her and started entertaining her. He brought in his blanket and then he brought her a teddy bear to play with. It is a total joy to see the two of them interacting.
Kate puts EVERYTHING into her mouth and that often leaves her looking like this:
I saved this picture for last because it's one of my new favorite pictures. Kate and I were chatting in the living room and Jana captured this picture of the two of us nose-to-nose. Kate was smiling away and making cute noises, and I was totally enjoying spending time with my daughter (she pooped her pants a few moments later and then spit up on my shirt and pants :)
Often our pictures don't turn out so well and they don't make it up on the blog. For every good picture we capture, there are at least five pictures that look terrible. Like this one:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment