Kate is starting to pack on the pounds! I'm not sure if you can see it in these pictures, but she's got some nice fat wrinkles in both her legs and arms. She's still a little thing, even though she's been growing a lot lately. We don't have another doctor's appointment for a bit, so we don't know how big she's getting, but I'm sure she's getting huge :)

Jana has been working hard with Kate on a schedule and Kate now takes a 2 hour plus nap every afternoon while Drew is taking his nap. Yes! Kate is also becoming pretty consistent about sleeping through the night every night. Once in a while she needs a re-bundle and her pacifier popped in, but she always lasts until at least 6 a.m. without needing to be fed. Plenty of sleep makes everyone's life better in our family!

Kate wanted her sun hat off one day and scratched herself a bit in her attempts to get it off. It looked for a couple days like she'd been in a fight or something, but she healed up within a day or two. It's amazing how good babies are at scratching themselves!

Drew is into the firefighter stuff, but maybe Kate will be into it too? Jana and I are going to keep reminding Kate that women can do any job now that men do, so maybe she'll be into trucks and firefighters by age two, just like Drew! Kate is wearing one of our hats from Uncle Todd's fire station in this picture. Drew also had a fire hat on at the time, but he didn't do a great job of looking in the direction of the camera, so I couldn't get a very good picture of the two of them. Drew LOVED it that baby Kate was wearing a fire hat like his. Actually, we all took turns wearing the hats and being the "fire chief."

Drew is getting close to two and a half years old and Jana and I are still continuing to check in on him every night while he's sleeping. You can't tell because of the flash, but it's about 10:30 p.m. and it's totally dark in Drew's room. We sneak in, ruffle his hair a little, give him a kiss, and tell him we love him. For both of us, it's a GREAT way to end our day!!!

Last week Jana and I celebrated our eighth anniversary! Wow, I can't believe it's already been eight years. We've been blessed with wonderful years together and we're looking forward to many more. I picked up some flowers for Jana and Drew and Kate came over to check them out. Like a typical girl, Kate couldn't keep her eyes off the flowers :)

Kate recently discovered Drew's John Deere tractor. She's not really playing with it yet, but the roll bar on the tractor makes a nice handle! Kate's getting stronger and stronger, and she's pretty close to being able to sit up. She also stands up like a champ with someone holding onto her hands. She can stand up for several minutes at a time! Jana and I are already beginning to anticipate her becoming mobile because she seems way more interested in it than Drew was at this age.

Drew and I were having fun playing in the living room the other day and I captured this picture of him. We've been wrestling on the floor and he jumps all over me and within a couple minute we're both giggling and having trouble breathing from laughing. I think this picture does a fairly good job of showing the joy that we both experience. We have so much fun messing around!

Drew's new thing is to invite you to lie next to him in his bed. He started it with Jana for the past week and last night I got asked to join him for the first time. Jana took this picture earlier this week of Kate's turn joining Drew on his bed. Drew's so proud to share his bed and excited to have someone join him in bed; it is very cute! Jana had a picture of the two of them that was easily the cutest picture we've ever had of our two kids . . . and the camera cord got in the picture. Doh! Oh well, this one still turned out well and Jana photographed an adorable series of pictures of the Drew talking to Kate in his bed.

In this picture Drew is "getting" Kate with his teddy bear. Often his animal attacks involve a "roar" noise that he makes. Kate is absolutely fascinated with Drew and she'll watch whatever he's doing (even when she's not being attacked by his teddy bear). Drew is one of the best at making her smile and laugh, and he continues to be a great big brother. I'll set Kate up in the living room near us in her chair while Drew and I play on the floor, and every once in a while Drew will take a break from playing rough with me, he'll walk over to Kate, and he'll gently give her a little kiss on the head. The contrast between his rough play with me and his tenderness with Kate gets me every time!

Drew has become very proficient at riding his tricycle. He cruises up and down the driveway and he rides forward . . . and backward! I'm thrilled because Drew seems to be moderately athletic. He picked up bike riding pretty quickly and he's amazing on the playground. He's very sure of himself and he has an excellent grasp of what each part of his body is doing. Jana and I are continually amazed by his physical awareness. In this video Drew notes that he's backing up and he makes his backup noise, "Beep, beep, beep." That's the noise his favorite construction vehicles make when they back up!
Drew loves to mess around with Kate. The other night I was watching the two kids while Jana was out and Drew immediately went over to Kate, who was lying on the floor. He grabbed her hand and started jokingly going "bam, bam, bam" with her (we're not sure where he got that one from). Drew then got distracted by the camera and wanted to see himself. He moved behind me and he continues to narrate the video from behind the camera. He was peering at the screen and hoping I would show him some pictures of himself.
Kate will have entire "conversations" with us, but especially with Jana. In this video she started out sitting on the couch, then managed to move herself from sitting all the way onto her stomach. Like I mentioned earlier, she's beginning to think about getting some mobility! The video picks up with Kate lying on the couch and Jana talking with her. The full range of Kate noises is not on display here, but you get an idea of the noises she's starting to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment