Tuesday, May 27, 2008
smiles
I don't have many new stories to share, but Kate has been smiling more and more, so I've got some new pictures of our little girl (and a few of Drew too!). For quite a while Kate has been smiling for Jana, but not for me. This was the first pathetic effort at a smile that I was able to coax from her.
Even though she's grown a lot, Kate is still tiny and fun to have in your arms. People still flock around her whenever we go out because she's so small that they think she's a newborn!
Unlike me, Uncle Todd did a great job of getting Kate to smile for him. We're enjoying the increase in Kate's focus and ability to interact with us. It's much more exciting that the glazed, unfocused look that she had at first.
Kate will turn her head to follow a sound. She especially snaps her head around at the sound of Jana's voice. She's getting much better with eye contact and enjoys looking at people's faces.
Grandma Sue made a quilt for Kate, and the other day Jana plopped Kate down into it for a photo session. At first, Kate was a bit skeptical and tried to reach up for the camera.
Later, Kate started to work it a little more for Jana and the camera. After much debate, Jana and I are becoming increasingly sure that those big eyes are going to end up some shade of brown, possibly a light brown (but honestly, we're just guessing!).
Jana and I have been getting a kick out of this outfit that Kate is wearing because it is one of Drew's old outfits. It's very soft and we like how Kate looks in white. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but Kate is feeding well finally and she's now just breastfeeding without any supplementing with the finger feeder. Yes! That has made our lives much easier and it has increased our enjoyment of Kate now that we're not feeding her all the time. More efficient feedings give us more time to play and sleep; a good thing for everyone!
Drew's favorite store is "the Home Depot store," and here we are getting ready to go there. Drew and I have a routine of things we do at Home Depot like riding on the riding lawn mowers, checking out the flowers, looking at the tools, and letting Drew push the cart down some of the aisles. On the way there, we swing by our local fire station and take a look at the fire engines. It's always a great trip!
Drew just got some new shoes and the other night he was showing them off while running around the house in his diaper. Jana and I got such a kick out of it! Drew's latest thing with his shoes is that whenever he helps me with a "project" (a project is anything that I'm working on, and it instantly gets cool when it is labeled a project) he grabs his shoes and calls them his "work boots." In the morning before daycare, they are shoes, but whenever we start a project, they are his work boots. Drew's also been very helpful with projects around the house. He loves following me around the house and helping me out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment