As soon as the ultrasound technician got the baby on the screen we knew what it was! Apparently, Jana and I are a lot better at reading an ultrasound than we were for Drew. As with our first time though, the technician didn't confirm the sex for us until the end of all measurements and pictures. Therefore, I'm going to make you wait too!
The baby is developing well, and all the things like the heart, brain, kidneys, bones, etc. look normal. In fact, the leg measurement of the femur showed that our baby is a little longer than normal. Not too surprising! The baby weighs 14 oz. at this point, and based on the sizes measured our due date of April 25 is very accurate. Here's a picture of the baby in profile. It's reclining on its back and you can see the nose jutting out. You can also see the hole for the eye socket and the upper and lower jaw.
In this picture you can see the baby looking at us. The technician was nice enough to label this one, so if you're not an expert at reading ultrasound pictures, you can still figure out what you're seeing. Just above the word "chin" the left arm is visible. A lot of the time the baby had a hand up by its face.
I won't make you wait any longer . . . it's a GIRL!! The picture below might not be the greatest one ever, but it was VERY clear on the ultrasound that it's a girl. As I said before, even Jana and I recognized it on our own. The picture below shows the three lines that are characteristic of girls.
The first picture clearly showed that it was a girl, but Jana also had an internal ultrasound to check the condition of her cervix (it was completely closed). With the other ultrasound the technician was able to zoom in and get great photographic evidence that we're having a girl. Our technician described what we were seeing as "two hamburger buns," which is a description I found amusing. Just as it was clear that Drew was a boy, it's very clear that this baby is a girl. +girl.jpg)
Jana and I are thrilled to be having a little girl. We have thoroughly enjoyed being parents to Drew, and we're looking forward to adding a girl to our family. After having gone through the whole baby process with a boy, it makes it fresh and new to prepare for a girl this time around. We've been preparing for either sex for a long time, so we've already got our girl's name picked out: Katherine Lynn Aupperlee! We are going to call her Kate.
No comments:
Post a Comment