Thursday, April 19, 2007

a big smile

Drew is so much better now compared with last week, and we LOVE it! Every night Jana and I race Drew home from daycare so that we can spend the evening with him. He is full of smiles, walking all over the place, and picking up new words all the time. He's starting to learn some names too, and today at daycare he picked up the name of our daycare provider's son, Brock. Drew looks up to Brock, who is in kindergarten, and I think the "B" sound in Brock is one that he's familiar with from his favorite word, "ball." We get on the floor and play with Drew, and he's starting to climb all over us. If I'm lying on the floor, he'll go right over me to get to the other side of the room. It's so much fun to watch him struggle to get over you rather than going around!
A few nights ago Drew discovered his wipes and we let him have a couple to play with. He went around the house "cleaning" the floor with it and dusting. I KNEW he was watching me clean the house and learning!!
This is a rare picture where Drew slowed down for a second while walking around. Usually, he is on the move and I can't capture him from the front because he's looking down at where he's walking. He's got a GREAT smile!
Drew loves to handle clothes, and he grabbed this shirt of his before Jana could get it put away. He really liked the tags on this new shirt.
While Drew is playing, I will call his name and make noises and do whatever I can to get him to look back at me for a picture. Usually, this is the extent of what a get. A look that says, "What dad? I'm busy trying to play here!"
Drew was walking around the house tonight when I captured this picture him in his Boston Red Sox shirt. I got it last year when I was in Boston for a conference, and now it fits him perfectly. Just like his dad, Drew loves to wear blue!
This is a more normal pose for Drew. He's on the move and paying no attention to me or the camera. I'm in the midst of trying to get his attention, and it is NOT working!
I mentioned earlier that Drew likes to handle clothes. Tonight Jana was folding some laundry and Drew was fascinated with my boxers.
Jana was cracking up when he grabbed the boxers and put them on his head to play peek-a-boo!
This is Drew's new way of walking. He puts his hands out in front of him and walks around the house. Why does he do this? Because he can!
Tonight Jana fed Drew in our living room, and she was cracking him up. I immediately grabbed the camera so that you could see some video of Drew's laugh. We LOVE Drew's laugh!!! I hope it makes you smile, like it always does for us.

No comments: