Last year for my birthday, while Jana was still pregnant, she bought a play workbench for Drew to get me even more excited about the arrival of our baby boy. It worked! I couldn't wait to work on projects with my son. Drew is still a little young for his workbench, but I couldn't wait any longer, so I put it together this past week. It is a nice workbench with several "nails" that can be hammered in (Drew is demonstrating his hammer usage below) and some bolts that can either be screwed in with a screwdriver or tightened with a crescent wrench.
Most of the motions for the workbench are still beyond Drew, but he loves to stand next to his workbench and he found that he can pull the "nails" out with his mouth! The nails are the blue and red things that he is reaching for in the picture below.
Last night when I got home from work we had some family play time with Drew. He stood next to his workbench and played with it for forty-five minutes!
I'm still trying to get Drew to work on his grip (he's holding the hammer a little too close to the head), but I love seeing him holding and banging with the hammer.
I also took some video of Drew playing with his workbench. This is my first attempt at playing with him and just aiming the camera at the two of us while we're playing. It gives you an idea of how much Drew was chatting, but I think the next time I'll let Jana play with him while I man the camera! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment