Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Drew's tongue

Drew's palate has diversified and he has now ventured into the realm of fruit! These pictures are of Drew eating applesauce for the first time. Unlike our limited success with the vegetables, Drew absolutely loves fruit. That's not too much of a surprise because the fruit is much sweeter than the vegetables.

Drew also ate peaches for the first time the other day. While I don't have pictures, I do have a short video of his first experience with peaches. As you can see, they are much more successful than those green beans!

We've been working on loosening Drew's bundle so that he becomes less dependent on it. This means that he frequently "escapes" from it during his night or naps. Jana found Drew like this one day upon coming in to check on him. He doesn't seem to mind losing the bundle!
Drew is getting closer and closer to consistently making consonants. We've been having fun getting him to imitate facial expressions and his latest is getting enough control of his tongue to stick it out in response to us. Drew and I are demonstrating below!


We've also captured Drew sticking out his tongue on video. He not only does this in response to us, but also to initiate smiles from strangers!

Drew loves playing on the floor and rolling all over the place. Next week I'll post some video of his impressive rolling. We really need to keep an eye on him!

No comments: