Drew continues to grow and start doing new things every day. It's so exciting to watch Drew change and develop day by day. We've been working hard on keeping him on a consistent schedule and he seems to absolutely love it. Drew also is getting much better about being around people other than Jana and me, so that has made life a lot easier for us (and Drew's babysitters!).

Drew continues to roll over all the time, and that includes rolling over while in his bundle. He can now roll over in his bundle in both directions (stomach to back and back to stomach). In order to control his rolling Jana created some "bumpers" on either side of him. They worked for a day, and now he rolls right over them! Our little boy is becoming mobile!

We were in Grand Rapids Friday night for a wedding, so on Saturday morning Jana and I took Drew to visit Great-grandma and Great-grandpa Vryhof's new apartment. It was very nice! While visiting Drew needed a bottle, and he held it on his own! He has made some attempts at this before, but this was the first time that he successfully controlled his bottle for an extended period of time. Good job Great-grandpa!

Both Great-grandma and Great-grandpa enjoyed watching Drew eat. He also showed off his other tricks and rolled over and stood up for them. Did you notice the background for the computer screen? (a picture of Drew!)

Also on Saturday Drew finally managed to get his foot in his mouth. He's inherited my flexibility, so it took him a little while, but now he can get that foot up to his mouth without a problem.

At the wedding on Friday night people were noticing the similarities in the prolifes between Drew and Grandpa Bill. Can you tell that Drew is an Aupperlee? :)

This week Jana slipped this rattle on Drew's foot and he had a great time with it! With something on his foot and a great grip on his cell phone Drew was very entertained.

On Sunday night Drew was pretty tired out while I was watching him and eventually he fell asleep in his swing! He was so cute in just his diaper that I had to take a picture. Look at his cute rolls of baby fat! (we're happy because that means he's happy and well-fed :)

We got a huge load of clothes for Drew from a professor at my work who was getting rid of all her baby clothes. Jana and I had fun going through the huge pile of clothes and taking a couple pictures of Drew in some of the hats!


On Monday night Drew was wearing his jaunty green pants, so we had to have a short photo session. Drew and I went into the lab for a little while and he looked great in his blue shirt and green pants. Does this mean I need a pair of green pants?


This is a random picture of how much fun Drew has with us. He is absolutely enthralled by whoever is not holding him, so if Jana holds him, then I'm the most fascinating and funny person in the world. If I'm holding Drew, then all he wants is to look at Jana. I think his favorite thing is to lie on the floor and have both of us looking at him!
No comments:
Post a Comment