Monday, April 03, 2006

a lot to catch up on

I had a very busy week last week, and I fell a little behind on posting new pictures of Drew. This post is quite large and will catch me up on what's been happening for the past week.

Last Monday, Todd and Kelli came over for a visit. We all went out for dinner, and then Todd and Kelli helped out with the first night feeding, which ended up being quite early in the morning because Drew slept for a while. Jana was still getting over being sick, so she appreciated the rest. Jana slept for the longest stretch of time since Drew was born! As usual, Drew was the center of attention. By the way, Jana and I were in the room too :)

On Wednesday, I came home to Jana sporting a fresh haircut for the first time since Drew was born. Doesn't she look great?!
In preparation for a presentation on Friday, I decided to do a little baking on Wednesday night. As part of my presentation I had to provide food and beverages, so I make almond bars. I felt right at home in the kitchen with my oven mitt on and Drew strapped in the Baby Bjorn.
Drew and I were both in blue on Thursday. We planned our outfits to coordinate, of course.
When I got home on Friday, I had to tell Drew all about the presentation I gave on "Hormonal Regulation and Function of Progesterone Receptor Isoforms In Vivo." He thought it was fascinating stuff.

On Saturday Drew was dressed up in his khakis and button down shirt for a trip to Grand Rapids. He was so cute!!
We stopped by Grandma Sue's house first, so that she could see Drew in his outfit.

Then we moved on to Nate and Meg's house for the evening. Drew is continuing to practice the listening skills here with Nate.
Because Drew needed a bath and it is so entertaining, we all gave Drew a bath on Saturday night.
Meg cleaned Drew's hair for him.
Nate helped out with rinsing and keeping Drew warm with the washcloth. (I hovered and took pictures)
After his bath and a snack, Drew was happy to sit with us.
Although, all the action from the day eventually tired him out.
Sunday afternoon Drew enjoyed more time looking at himself in the mirror on the Gymini.
By later Sunday afternoon, Drew had moved on to a new outfit after dirtying his cute puppy outift. Jana needed a picture of him with his Winnie the Pooh booties.
Sunday night the whole family got outside for a walk. We enjoyed the extra hours of light thanks to daylight savings time, although we didn't enjoy the lost hour of sleep. Drew loves to go for walks in his stroller. He was awake and quiet for most of the walk, but did manage to catch some sleep after a while. We didn't hear a peep from him during the entire walk.
We got back from our walk, and I kept an eye on Drew while I was making supper. He was in a very good mood, so I decided to grab the camera to get some more pictures. As soon as I started snapping pictures, Drew surprised me with a smile! What a great way to end the weekend!

No comments: