Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day

This past Sunday was Father's Day, and it was a great day for me with my family. We went to church in the morning together, we had lunch and supper out together, and in the afternoon I got to watch golf on TV and work out at the gym (while watching golf). It was a perfect day balancing time to myself and enjoying Drew, Kate, and Jana.

At the end of our vacation Jana took the picture below of me with Drew and Kate, and it has immediately become my favorite picture with the kids. What a great Father's Day present! This is a picture that I will save for a long time.

Drew and Kate are so much fun to be around because they get just enough of my presence to always want more. Both of them start a chorus of "Dad! Dad! Dad!" from the backseat of the car whenever they pick me up from work and if I sit down on our living room floor, they both immediately climb all over me. Just last night after dinner, the kids took turns leaning in and giving me hugs from their chairs. Jana and I have been blessed with two wonderful kids, and it is a total joy to be their dad.

Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great parents you and Jana are. I love reading your blog. How proud Grandma Agnes would be if she could see her great grandchildren.
Connie