Monday, October 13, 2008

laughing

A lot has been going on at the Aupperlee house and our internet hasn't been working for me to share it! We finally got internet back this afternoon, so I'm quickly taking the opportunity to get some things done online.

I've been home since last Thursday recuperating from a second knee surgery. The surgery went well, but my knee is being affected by arthritis and the joint is starting to degrade. Yuck! I've had lots of time to sit at home, but no internet connection, so I've been watching lots of movies, reading lots of books, and enjoying when I can get Kate or Drew to slow down and sit with me.

In the picture below, Drew was coming up to Kate and giving her kisses and making her laugh. You can check out a video of it at the bottom of this post. Drew has been a big help with Kate and sometimes she will laugh when he walks into the room! As it has gotten colder, we've brought out Kate's warm fleece snowsuit thing (I don't know what they're called). We put the hood up and she looks super cute in it!
Drew likes it when Kate visits him in his big boy bed. One morning Jana brought Kate in with her to get Drew and he was happy to have Kate by his tummy.
Kate continues to love smiling for the camera. What is it about babies at this age? To our total joy, Kate is also a snuggler! Drew was not much for cuddling, but last night I was on the couch for over thirty minutes with a wide-awake Kate resting on my chest and cooing softly. It was wonderful!
In the morning while he's getting ready for the day, Drew loves to have a blanket with him. He also makes sure that Kate has one too so that she doesn't get cold.
As I mentioned, Kate loves being held, so while sitting on the couch for the past few days I've had plenty of opportunities to hold her. I'm ready to be done with the bandages and the surgeries!
Taking care of three babies (I'm not much use right now) can be difficult, so my mom came this past weekend to help out for a bit. She knitted Kate a hat to keep her bald head warm, and in this picture Kate was trying it out. It's a pumpkin-colored hat with a stem and a leaf!
I doubt it was because of the hat, but Kate was very interested in the camera. She's started to reach for it and try to grab the cord.
Drew has been using my crutches to "squirt" out fires. He grabs one crutch and I hold the other one on the couch and we put out fires around the living room. It's great fun!
Drew loves handling the crutches and every once in a while we need to tell him to set them down for a little bit. He swings them all over the place putting out fires!
This is our new favorite video at the Aupperlee house. Drew is playing with Kate after supper and making her crack up. By the end of his attention to Kate, our family was giggling!

1 comment:

AlexisAnne said...

In the picture with Kate's pink hoodie suit, she looks JUST like Drew/Mark....but later on in the pumpkin hat I totally see Jana. what a cutie!
~alexis