Friday, September 26, 2008
spicy
Jana and I continue our nightly tradition of going in and checking in on both of our kids. Kate has settled in for sleeping and sleeps just as soundly as Drew now. We go in and give her a little kiss and I rest my hand on her chest to feel her breathing. She's getting so much bigger, but when she's sleeping she feels so fragile and tiny! The other night Kate was lying with one arm out and we snapped a picture of her sleeping. We could stand by their beds and watch our kids sleep for a long time!
Kate was rocking her dress earlier this week and Jana snapped some pictures of her. Kate is at that age when she likes to work it for the camera. As soon as we pull out the camera she starts cooing and smiling. It's too cute!
Drew, on the other hand, hams it up in a different way. The best way to get a nice picture of him is while he's sitting in his chair eating. Otherwise, pictures of his "smiles" are hit or miss. We're still working on him giving a nice smile for the camera when we ask.
Kate lights up whenever I enter the room. It's so much fun to be around. Sometimes I'm distracted and I don't notice it, and Jana will say to me, "Will you at least look at Kate? She's been grinning and making noises at you and you haven't noticed!" Once Kate has my attention it's hard to get back to what I was doing!
Tonight I sat down to dinner with Drew and Kate and Drew looked down at his plate and said, "This food looks very spicy for me." He still tucked right into it and after eating a bunch of his rice and chicken he looked up at me and said, "My food does taste spicy to me." You know what? He was right! The rice and chicken that I made for him WAS a little bit spicy and as soon as he mentioned it the first time I realized he was right. I didn't even know he knew what spicy meant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment