Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kate's four month checkup

I haven't had the chance to post pictures this week, but hopefully I'll get some out soon. Kate has been laughing away, and I'm going to keep trying until I get a good video of it. Every time we pull out the camera, she stops laughing and starts staring at the camera. I need to get more sneaky!

Yesterday we had Kate's four month checkup and it went pretty well. She's still growing nicely and she weighed in at 12 pounds 15 ounces and was about 24 inches long. Both of those numbers put her in the 25th percentile, so she's still a little peanut! Who would ever guess that Jana and I have such a little baby girl? All her developmental milestones are on track and her movements and vocalizations are appropriate for a baby her age. Way to go, Kate!

The only concern we have at this point is that the doctor noted a "click" in Kate's hips when they're rotated and that may indicate Developmental Dysplasia of the Hips (DDH). We're going to have an ultrasound performed on Kate's hip joints and that will give us a better idea of what is happening with her little hips. If Kate has DDH, it's not a big deal, but it might mean she'll need to wear a little brace for a while. We'll see how the ultrasound turns out before we worry too much about DDH.

Next week is a big week for us because it's Jana's last week of the summer home with Drew and Kate. After that, it will be back to work for the fall and Drew and Kate will head to daycare. The summer has been going by quickly!

No comments: