Monday, February 04, 2008

snow fun

FINALLY, another round of pictures of Drew! After finishing my dissertation and successfully defending it (Jana and I are officially both Dr. Aupperlee now), I got sick. Yuck! Getting sick is not how I'd recommend celebrating defending your doctoral dissertation. I'm actually still sick now, which is why I've been doing such a poor job of posting on Drew's blog. Don't worry though, once I'm feeling better I'll have LOTS to catch up on. I've especially got to work on getting more videos of Drew posted because I've got some cute ones.

This series of pictures is actually from a couple weeks ago, but we've been getting a lot of snow in Lansing, so Drew's been outside in the snow a couple of times. Drew is fascinated while watching me shovel the driveway, so here I am trying to get him started on shoveling. I think next year I'm going to have to get Drew his own shovel to help out! :) Drew loves walking up and down the driveway in his boots, snowpants, coat, mittens, and hat. He constantly looks at his arms and legs like, "what is going on with all these layers?"

Here Drew is on the move. After some slow movement at first he broke into his usual full-speed-ahead Drew run.

Jana and I picked up a sled for Drew and on this particular morning we pulled him around the yard on the sled. Drew was so cute sitting in the sled!

For some reason, Drew refused to hang on to the sled, which made things a little more difficult because he kept falling off. You can see his arms stiff in front of him and his face looking down at the sled. That's how he rode in the sled most of the time. It was hard to tell if he was enjoying it or surviving it!

Jana took Drew into the deeper snow in our backyard and Drew did NOT like the deep snow. He was much more comfortable on the sidewalk or driveway after it was shoveled. He stood here for a while just looking down at his feet and trying to keep his balance. Deep snow is quite uneven!

I pulled Jana and Drew around our yard in the sled and made an oval track for Drew to walk on. He liked the packed down snow much better and walked several laps around our small backyard.
Drew briefly ventured off the path to check out the rest of the backyard. You can see that the snow was easily above his knees. No wonder he didn't like walking in it!
Drew was happy to get back on the driveway after playing in the backyard!
Keep posted for some birthday pictures because last weekend was Drew's birthday! Happy Birthday Drew! Drew is now 2 years old!

No comments: