Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A few Drew stories

Drew loves to climb up on chairs and sit in them. Last night he was playing in the living room and I was half watching him and half watching TV when he crawled up on the couch, sat down next to me, and then proceeded to glance back and forth between me and the TV as if to say "What are we watching, Dad?" Needless to say, I got the message and turned off the TV to give him my full attention!

Drew has also gotten quite adept at climbing up and sitting in our kitchen chairs. He always looks very proud upon making it up onto the chair. Drew loves to sit here and look out our front door. He looks for squirrels and birds (two of the words he knows). The other day while I was mowing the front lawn he sat here the whole time and watched me. As I would finish a row and look up at him, I got a little wave and a hello!
Last week Drew discovered that from his crib he could reach the light switch. We learned this one night when his bedroom lights kept going on and off. You could see the light coming out from under the door to his bedroom as it went off and on. Each time he turned it on, Drew would say "on." We were sitting in the living room cracking up! Eventually Drew got tired and fell asleep, so when we went in to turn his light off (he left it on) I just had to take a picture. We could have stood there for a long time watching him sleep. It is so cool!
Drew got some new shoes! Jana found a pair of baby Croc-style shoes for Drew. Aren't they cute? Drew loves to walk around with his new shoes. An added bonus for us is that he can't get them off! Finally, a shoe that's easy for us to put on Drew and hard for him to get off.
Drew loves to touch our faces and to learn the names to parts of his body. In this video Jana is chatting with him about eyes and nose as Drew plays with her face. I love watching them together!!
Drew also loves to dance. In this video he grabbed some clothes while I was folding laundry and started to dance, which is basically spinning until you fall down. He has a great time spinning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have such a cute boy. He also has a great mom and dad. Thank you for being such good parents. I love all of you. Grandpa