Thursday, June 07, 2007

dancing

I was so excited to get home from Toronto yesterday to see Drew and Jana. As I mentioned earlier today in a post, Jana did a great job taking care of Drew, but it is not easy working and caring for him on your own. We're excited to be together again as a family.We love the warm weather and getting Drew in outfits that show off his cute legs and arms. Here he is enjoying his sippy cup one night before bed. It was hot that night, so Drew didn't wear any pants! While I was gone in Toronto, Jana put Drew down for a nap sans pants. He woke up and was chatting to himself in his crib when Jana heard an "aha!!!" from him. She went in and found Drew like this!!

Drew has not only learned cleaning from me, but he also loves to follow Jana around in the kitchen. Drew is hard at work here cleaning out a kitchen cabinet.

Drew grabbed an oven mitt from the kitchen and then carried it around the house.

One day while I was gone Jana noticed that Drew had no clean sippy cups, so she improvised. Drew got his milk in a familiar, yet slightly different container!


I was pretty excited to see Drew when I got home from Toronto. He came over to me on the couch to say "hello."

Drew continues to stand and climb on whatever he can. In this picture he was having fun standing on a tupperware lid.


Drew has learned how to say "bird" and this video was supposed to show that. We've got a small bird figure (a goldfinch) that Drew points toward and says "bird." In this video I set it on the ground hoping to record him saying that. We got a much more entertaining video than we hoped for!



Just to translate, Drew touches the bird, knocks it over, gets freaked out by it, goes to Jana and says "what is that?" Then he shakes his head while cautiously approaching the bird and finally picks it up. He doesn't like it though, so he hands the bird to me and says "done" a few times to let us know that he does NOT want to have that bird around anymore!


This next video show the new skill that Jana started to teach Drew . . . dancing! Drew lifts up his feet to dance and then twirls in a circle until falling. Too cute!!!

No comments: