Wednesday, September 06, 2006

not a shopper . . . yet

We enjoyed our long holiday weekend in Lansing. It was nice to stay home and spend some time together as a family. I especially enjoyed the treat of getting a three day weekend to see Drew.

Last week Jana took some pictures of Drew on the floor with his stuffed alligator . . . and Drew fell asleep while holding onto the alligator!
Over the weekend Drew went shopping with us at the Birch Run outlet mall. It was Drew's first big trip out shopping.
As you can see from the picture below Drew just loved shopping. Actually, while he didn't seem thrilled by it, he did very well throughout our visit to the mall. The two of us did a lot of waiting on benches while Jana did the shopping! I enjoyed shopping with Drew because I had someone to hang out with while Jana tried on clothes or looked in a store I didn't feel like visiting.
Drew loves playing on the floor with this toy. It's got a lot of different things on it for him to play with and more importantly to try to get in his mouth.
Drew took a break from playing to give me a smile. I'm excited that I'm still more interesting than his toys :)
We've been working on getting Drew to sit up on his own, but he loves to be on the move rolling around. As soon as we place him on the ground, he flops down and starts rolling to get to something. He's getting a little better at sitting unsupported though, so I was excited when I got this picture of him (he sat still long enough for me to grab the camera, turn it on and set it up, and then get him to smile for the picture).
In trying to get Drew to smile for the camera I guess I was a little too funny because he laughed so hard he flopped back.
Drew continues to roll and backward crawl under things (usually our couches). In this instance he ventured under our bed. Hopefully I did a good job cleaning under there!
Our friends Jon and Laura let us borrow their exersaucer for Drew. It's nice to have because now that Drew is so mobile he's hard to keep in one spot. The exersaucer gives him the opportunity to stand (he loves to stand!) and rotate around in the same place. We love having it!

No comments: