
This might be Drew's favorite non-smiling face. He definitely has a healthy dose of skepticism.
I caught Drew here mid-flail. He likes to wave his arms and legs like he's doing the backstroke and every couple seconds he lets out a whooooooo.
Drew has been going to visit Grandma Lynn or Grandma Sue on Wednesdays in Grand Rapids. Every week he switches between one or the other. They have been such a big help in taking care of Drew while Jana gets in a day of working!
You can't see the Spartan "S" on the sleeve, but we are continuing to groom Drew as a Spartan (and a Wolverine too). He seems pretty happy here to be dressed in Spartan green and his big boy jeans.
Last week Drew came into the lab for a visit while Jana went out for lunch with some friends. Gabby, a graduate student lab friend, hasn't been on the blog much, so I made sure to get a picture of her with Drew. Gabby made the wonderful pictures in Drew's room. Thanks again Gabby!
Drew and I like to sit in the kitchen before supper and chat about our days with Jana.
I love pulling Drew's head up next to mine. As you can see, this makes him squirmy and he tries to get away. I've got to enjoy his cuddliness while I can! :)
When Drew was first born he loved being on his back when he was held. Now, he sometimes prefers to be upright so that he can look around. It's so much fun to have him thrown over your shoulder!
After all the excitement of church nursery on Sunday, Drew was ready for a little nap. Drew has been working on taking a nap during the day so he's less cranky at night. We love to watch him sleep!
He woke up later though and was ready to have his picture taken.
I don't know what is so much fun about bringing your hands together, but as you can see in the next two photos, it is definitely something that Drew enjoys doing.
Yet again I failed to get him to look at the camera. I guess there are more interesting things to look at in the house than the lens of the camera.
Drew can stand up between my knees for several minutes now. However, he doesn't always pay attention to me, but instead looks around the room or at Jana.
Drew is getting better at showing us his tongue! (Does he have Jana's tongue or mine?)
Every night when we first bundle Drew for bed, he is so tired, but the bundling still always elicits a happy face. It's almost like the aaaaah of an adult when you touch the clean crisp sheets of the bed at the end of the day.
Isn't Drew cute in his blue prison jumpsuit? :)
Last night Drew and I had an extensive conversation while Jana was working out at the gym. I hope I'm not the only parent who does this, but I like to make up Drew's replies to what I'm saying or doing. Here's a brief glimpse into my scary Mark-as-a-parent world :)"Dad, you are just the funniest guy on the planet! Do that face again because it is just cracking me up!"
"Really, Dad, you've got to cut it out. You are just too funny! My mouth hurts from smiling. Can we please move on to a more serious topic of conversation?"
" What was that Dad? What did you just say about progesterone receptors? I didn't catch that last part."
"Hmmmm . . . the conceptualization of how progesterone receptor B is upregulated concomitant with progesterone receptor A downregulation by the estrogen plus progestin hormone combination IS quite perplexing. Let me think about that for a moment. "
"Alright, I've had enough of the serious stuff. Let's go back to having fun again!"
Last night after our conversation (maybe about the mysteries of the progesterone receptor) I couldn't get Drew to calm down through holding him, bundling him, putting a pacifier in, talking to him, walking him . . . nothing worked! Then I tried putting him in front of the TV to watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" and he calmed right down. TV is magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment